The nationally accredited family group conference service has been established for over ten years.
The service offers family-led meetings, called family group conferences, which are aimed at achieving positive change to improve the lives of children and young people. Families come together to discuss and agree on what they feel needs to happen to support the changes that are needed in a child life. The family group conference provides the structure for this to happen.
Situations where a request to the family group conference plus service could be made will include:
- Preventing reception into care
- At the point of a pre-birth assessment starting
- Where families are already involved in court processes
- Prior to consideration of court involvement as promoted in the pre-proceedings checklist
- Where there are child protection concerns, and it is felt the family would benefit from using our services to help support the required changes
- At the point of child in need to prevent further escalation or support a step-down to early help
Visit their webpage for more information.
Have your say
Help us improve the local information on this website and give us feedback about any contacts you have had with our service by completing the Devon Public Health Nursing feedback form.