The small choices you make as a parent or carer can have a big impact on your child’s health. Take a look at this video to learn more about healthy choices you can make throughout the day.
Here are some tips on making healthier choices for your child:
- Make sure teeth are brushed for two minutes, you should do this in the morning and evening.
- Ensure your child eats a balanced breakfast, which will help them to concentrate throughout the morning.
- If you’re making a packed lunch, replace high fat and sugary snacks with healthy alternatives
- Try offering your child a range of healthy foods to understand their likes and dislikes.
- Encourage your child to drink plenty of water during the day and provide them with a water bottle when they are at school.
- Avoid highly processed foods in the evenings too. Provide balanced meals instead with plenty of vegetables and protein
- Switch off screens at least an hour before bedtime so that your child can wind down and get a good night’s sleep.