Even though your child may already be accessing pre-school education in a school reception class if they’re four years old, you still have to apply for a school place. Children are not automatically given a primary school place. It is your responsibility as a parent to apply for your child’s school place.
Look at the school’s website for information how to arrange looking around.
The school’s OFSTED report will also be on their website.
Before you apply, you need to make sure that:
- Your child is the right age to be offered a place
- You know the school you would like your child to attend
- You can get your child to and from the school you have chosen. If not, you will need to think about transport options
- You understand how places are allocated so that you can provide all the relevant information on the application form. For example, you live in the catchment area or meet the requirements for applying there
- Cbeebies Grown-ups: Ready for School