Even though your child may already be accessing pre-school education in a school reception class if they’re four years old, you still have to apply for a school place. Children are not automatically given a primary school place.
Before you apply, you need to make sure that:
- Your child is the right age to be offered a place (actual dates are provided via the links below)
- You know the school you would like your child to attend
- You can get your child to and from the school you have chosen. If not, you will need to think about transport options
- You understand how places are allocated so that you can provide all the relevant information
The following links will give you lists of schools in your area and tell you how and when to apply for a school place.
- Phone School Admission service: 0116 454 1009 (option 1)
- Email : email@example.com
- Phone School Admissions Service: 01572 722577
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
School health forms
After your child has started school, you’ll be encouraged to complete a short form which provides key health information about your child to your public health (school) nursing team, so that they can support your child’s transition to school.
Click on the relevant link below:
- Leicester city reception school health form
- Leicestershire reception school health form
- Rutland reception school health form
- Cbeebies Grown-ups: Ready for School
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust runs a confidential secure text messaging service for parents of children aged 0-19 years called Chat Health. The service operates Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding bank holidays. All texts will be responded to by a public health nurse (health visitor/school nurse) within 24 hours. Outside of the service working hours, you’ll receive a message back to inform you that your text will be responded to once the line reopens.
Should you require urgent health advice in the meantime, please contact your GP, visit an NHS walk-in centre or call NHS 111. For emergencies, dial 999 or visit A&E.
Leicester City: text 07520 615381
Leicestershire & Rutland: text 07520 615382