Even though your child may already be accessing pre-school education in a school reception class if they’re four years old, you still have to apply for a school place. Children are not automatically given a primary school place.
Before you apply, you need to make sure that:
- Your child is the right age to be offered a place
- You know the school you would like your child to attend
- You can get your child to and from the school you have chosen. If not, you will need to think about transport options
- You understand how places are allocated so that you can provide all the relevant information
- Cbeebies Grown-ups: Ready for School