Dates to attend: 20 February – 24 April 2023 (see below) Please note that 7 events make up this workshop and you must attend all 7 workshops.
Times: Sessions 1 – 6 are from 10am until 12.15pm. Session 7 is from 10am until 10.45am.
Location: Various (see below).
Cost: Free – Places are limited to 12, early registration is recommended (see link below).
Building Babies Brain course aims to support you to increase your knowledge of baby brain development, bonding and resilience and to be confident in ‘passing’ this information on to parents/ carers and communities.
Our community focused approach, led by Action for Children, aims to convey to parents, carers and families, key messages about baby brain development using trusted messengers. Our fully funded (free) course supports anyone whose community role brings them into contact with children aged 0-2 years and their parent/carers. Learning together, we share understanding of baby brain development, bonding and resilience, building confidence in passing this information on to parents, carers and communities.
The workshop covers:
- Understanding the importance of baby brain development, especially during the vital 0-2 years. We share the most up to date, evidence-based information in an accessible way. This course is about sharing and learning together.
- Building confidence in passing this information on widely. Did you know that only a third of parents know this information? We want it to be ‘all our business’.
- Supporting resilience. How you can help parents by looking after yourself, encouraging parents to look after themselves, so that they can look after their children.
- Tools for being in relationships with others, including Dan Hughes PACE.
- Signposting you to evidence-based resources that you can easily pass onto parents.
- Risk and trauma in the early years, and how to build resilience for lifelong skills.
- Self-care for wellbeing – recognising if you are not alright then you are not as available for the child / carer.
The training is for toddler group leaders and volunteers, childminders, foster carers, peer supporters and anyone whose role brings them into contact with children aged 0-2 years and their carers and community members/ volunteers who link in with families with children aged 0-2.
How will it be delivered:
A blended learning approach consisting of digital, face to face interactive workshops, video learning and podcasts and self-led learning fully supported by digital training notes, and trainer availability.
All bookings are via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/building-babies-brains-community-champions-tickets-518532724337 Or scan the QR code:
The dates and times are:
Sessions 1 – 6 are from 10am until 12.15pm. Session 7 is from 10am until 10.45am.
Session 1 – Monday 20th February – Face to face at Bishops Tawton Village Hall, Barnstaple, EX32 0DF
Session 2 – Monday 27th February – Virtual via Teams
Session 3 – Monday 6th March – Group Peer learning week (via our learning platform)
Session 4 – Monday 13th March – Virtual via Teams
Session 5 – Monday 20th March – Group Peer learning week (via our learning platform)
Session 6 – Monday 27th March – Face to face at Bishops Tawton Village Hall, Barnstaple, EX32 0DF
Session 7 – Monday 24th April – Virtual follow up session (via Teams)
Have your say
Help us improve the local information on this website and give us feedback about any contacts you have had with our service by completing the Devon Public Health Nursing feedback form.