What is Knowing Me, Knowing You?
It is a six week virtual course that explores thoughts and feelings around anxiety, low mood and wellbeing in a safe environment, allowing space to have special time with your baby. For you to get the best out of the group, we ask that you can commit to the full six weeks.
The feedback we receive from you, truly shows how impactful a course like Knowing Me, Knowing You can be.
Here’s how some mums felt before taking part:
- “ I felt like a failure.”
- “I thought maybe if people found out the way I was feeling they would think I was a bad or unfit mum and take my baby away.”
And here’s how they felt after taking part:
- “I’ve developed an understanding of what I can manage and I’m not being so hard on myself.”
- “The group has given me so much support and friendship, allowing me to meet others who feel the same.”
What happens in a session?
There are six virtual sessions which are split into two parts. The first part consists of discussion, peer support and information which is led by the group and facilitated by the Health Visitor.
The second part of the session is a fun activity that will involve music, crafts and exercise for you and your baby.
Can I bring my baby with me?
Yes – we welcome infants under the age of 12 months to the group.
Here is an example of the course content available to you:
- Week 1: Welcome session and getting to know each other
- Week 2: What makes me feel this way?
- Week 3: How relationships change
- Week 4: Keeping myself well
- Week 5: Me and my baby’s wellness toolbox and mindfulness
- Week 6: Setting my goals and
How do I book a space?
Please speak to your health visitor