Should you need urgent health advice please contact your GP or call NHS 111. In an emergency please visit A&E or call 999

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is responsible for the writing, publishing and updating of the content on this page.

You're viewing the site locally in: Hertfordshire

Hertfordshire’s Healthy Mouths Scheme

Do you need support or advice to care for your child’s teeth?

In Hertfordshire we have developed the Hertfordshire Healthy Mouths programme to help address some of the inequalities that exist in the oral health of children. The Healthy Mouths programme is aimed at improving the oral health of vulnerable under 5’s in Hertfordshire and is available through your local Family Centre or Health Visitor.

You may qualify for a free oral health pack, comprising age-appropriate toothpaste, (0-2 years and 3-5 years) a toothbrush, a 2-minute timer and a ‘Top Tips’ information leaflet. The information leaflet is also available in the following languages:

  •  Dari Afghan
  • Pashto Afghan
  • Romanian
  • Urdu
  • Twi
  • Turkish
  • Polish
  • Ukrainian

If you need good oral health advice or support speak to your local Family Centre by calling 0300 123 7572 or register with them by visiting their website or scan the QR code below.

Remember . . . A regular teeth-cleaning routine is essential for good dental health. Follow the tips on this Health for Under 5s website, and you can help keep your kids’ teeth decay free.

ChatHealth Logo

Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust runs a confidential secure text messaging service for parents of children aged 0-5 years called ChatHealth. The service operates Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding bank holidays. All texts will be responded to by a health visitor within 24 hours. Outside of the service working hours, you’ll receive a message back to inform you that your text will be responded to once the service reopens.

  • ChatHealth messaging service:


    07480 635164
  • Family Centre Service (Health Visiting and Family Support):


    0300 123 7572

Should you require urgent health advice in the meantime, please contact your GP, visit an NHS walk-in centre or call NHS 111. For emergencies, dial 999 or visit A&E.

This page was last reviewed on 15-05-2024

This page will be next reviewed on 15-05-2027