Essential antenatal preparation for parenthood from a professional reliable source.
As specialists in child health and development from pregnancy to the age of 5 years the Health Visiting Team would like to invite you (plus one) to attend our 2 week Antenatal course called Preparing for Parenthood which is held face to face at various locations across Hertfordshire. The course is presented in partnership with our Family Support colleagues and covers all the essentials you need to prepare for parenthood and the early years.
The two face to face sessions allow you to meet others and build your social networks with parents at the same stage of pregnancy, going through this new and exciting experience. It also enables you to learn what to expect in the coming weeks and months, from a professional reliable source and meet the Health Visiting and Family Support Service Staff (Family Centre Service) who will be there to guide you in the early years of parenthood
The sessions will cover:
- Emotional preparation for birth and parenthood
- All aspects of infant feeding
- Practical aspects of caring for a baby
- Essential information about keeping baby safe and healthy throughout the early years, how they communicate, their development and recognising baby’s well-being
- Support available for baby’s first 5 years from the Family Centre Service
- Plus so much more
Please ensure you are at least 25 weeks pregnant when you start this course and ideally you will need to have completed it before you are 35 weeks pregnant.
Please note: these sessions are free and are for Hertfordshire residents.