Step2 is a brief intervention child and adolescent mental health service within Hertfordshire, we have a specialised small team who work specifically with parent-infant/child relationship difficulties for babies and children aged 0-5 years old.
Common difficulties we support are:
- Parents/carers struggling to feel a close relationship or bond with their baby/child
- Parents/carers finding it difficult to understand and support their baby/child’s emotional needs
- Parents/carers who are struggling to feel confident with their baby/child
- Children who are withdrawn, struggling to separate from carers or are anxious more than developmentally expected
- Children who display frequent severe emotional outbursts, defiance, aggressive and/or destructive behaviour
The Step2 under 5’s team offer parent-infant/child relationship focussed work using strengths and evidence based approaches to promote emotional health and wellbeing for infants and young children through working with the parent. See leaflet for further information:
You can find out more about the Step2 under 5’s team through our website, where you can also find information on how to make a referral to us.