Safer sleeping and cost of living advice for parents and carers in Nottinghamshire.
The colder months can be difficult for families across Nottinghamshire. You may have worries about heating bills and the cost of living, such as buying food. And it can be tempting to wrap your baby up to keep them warm, but overheating a baby increases the chances of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), commonly known as cot death. Research shows babies are better to be cooler rather than overheated, so please do bear this in mind.
Follow the Lullaby Trust on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for up-to-date information about safer sleeping @LullabyTrust
Also, if you are worried about the cost of living and paying your bills, do seek help. There is lots of information on the sites below. You can also speak to your midwife or health visitor who will support you:
- Nottingham City: Ask Lion – Nottingham City Directory
- Ashfield: Cost of living support – Ashfield District Council
- Bassetlaw: Cost of living – Bassetlaw District Council
- Broxtowe: Cost of living – Broxtowe Borough Council
- Gedling: Support in Gedling – Gedling Borough Council
- Mansfield: Cost of Living – Mansfield District Council
- Newark and Sherwood: Cost of living – Newark & Sherwood District Council (https://newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/costofliving/)
- Rushcliffe: Cost of living – Rushcliffe Borough Council
- Healthy Family Teams (county-wide): Call the Advice Line on 0300 123 5436