Home-Start is one of the leading family support charities in the UK. They are local and independent, and their trained volunteers help families with young children deal with whatever life throws at them.
Asking for help
As a parent you might ask for help from Home-Start for all sorts of reasons:
- You might be feeling isolated in your community, have no family nearby and be struggling to make friends.
- You may be finding it hard to cope due to illness, disability or bereavement within the family.
- You may be struggling to cope with family life following separation, divorce or leaving an abusive relationship.
- You may be struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets.
- You may be suffering with post-natal illness or have emotional health problems.
In these situations and others, Home-Start are there to provide support to any family in need, as long as they have at least one child under five.
Home-Start also works with families at British Forces bases in Germany and Cyprus as well as with families in UK bases, garrisons and barracks.
You can either get in touch with Home-Start directly using the link below, or can ask your health visitor or GP to refer you.