The ‘Local Offer’ is the phrase used to describe what is on offer for children and young people and their families with special educational needs and disabilities.
The Local Offer brings together in one place information about health, education and social care for:
- children and young people from birth to 25 years old who have a special educational need or disability (SEND)
- parents and carers of children with SEND
- professionals working in health, care and education
- providers of services for children and young people
Purpose of the Local Offer
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the provision available, all in one place
- To make the provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND, parent, carers and service providers in its development and review
Find out more
You can find out more about the support available, information and guidance on the local authority websites:
- Leicester City Council SEND Local Offer
- Leicestershire County Council SEND Local Offer
- Rutland County Council SEND Local Offer
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust runs a confidential secure text messaging service for parents of children aged 0-19 years called Chat Health. The service operates Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, excluding bank holidays. All texts will be responded to by a public health nurse (health visitor/school nurse) within 24 hours. Outside of the service working hours, you’ll receive a message back to inform you that your text will be responded to once the line reopens.
Should you require urgent health advice in the meantime, please contact your GP, visit an NHS walk-in centre or call NHS 111. For emergencies, dial 999 or visit A&E.
Leicester City: text 07520 615381
Leicestershire & Rutland: text 07520 615382