Please take a look at this video on breastfeeding from Unicef:
What if I’m not planning to breastfeed?
Things to consider
- Have you read the NHS guidance on sterilising?
- Do you understand how to make up formula?
- Do you understand paced feeding and the benefits of this?
- Do you understand different formula milks and recognise you should only ever give your baby first stage milk in the first year, unless recommended by a medical practitioner?
- Do you understand feeding cues?
Unicef have produced this useful guide on Infant formula and responsive bottle feeding
Further help and support
Please see our infant feeding support page for more information on the support available to you.
We have a duty health visitor working from our public health nursing hub Monday to Friday 9 – 4.30. Please do contact them if you have any additional questions.
Have your say
Help us improve the local information on this website and give us feedback about any contacts you have had with our service by completing the Devon Public Health Nursing feedback form.